IT'S STILL CHILLY HERE IN GOD'S COUNTRY - BUT SPRING IS COMING!LANGUISHING. I am paraphrasing as to what the commentary actually said but basically, it said the following:
You are lying on the couch or sitting lifeless in the recliner - you are napping on and off all day - you have no desire to actually do anything - you think you may be despondent or depressed - but you are not. You are Languishing. According to Adam Grant of The New York Times, this long word means "A sense of stagnation and emptiness. It feels as if you’re muddling through your days, looking at your life through a foggy windshield." The word has been used in mental health circles since 2021. But it can come upon you at unexpected times - like right after Christmas and New Years.
I made up my mind - I WILL LANGUISH NO MORE - I will write, I will work and I will listen to great music and plan our next trip to places known and unknown.
So here goes - Quotes from Afar!!
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Susan Heller
- “Vacation calories don’t count. Right?” – Unknown
- “I need six months of vacation, twice a year.” – Unknown
“The most stylish country in the world is Italy.” – Nick Rhodes
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “France is to me the heroine in the romance of all the nations of all time.” — Lt. William Arthur Sirmon
- "The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
“In Italy, they add work and life on to food and wine.” – Robin Leach
- “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Paris is always a good idea" - Audrey Hepburn
- “The Creator made Italy from designs by Michelangelo.” – Mark Twain
"France is the most civilized country in the world and doesn’t care who knows it.” — John Gunther
“You may have the universe if I may have Italy” – Giuseppe Verdi
"America is not just a country, it's an idea." - Bono
- “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
- ‘If I ever get lost, don’t look for me too far. I’ll be walking in Madrid.’ – Unknown
- “In Paris, they simply stared when I spoke to them in French, I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language.” — Mark Twain
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Life is short and the world is wide.” – Unknown
- “France is beautiful. I stood at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower today and looked up at it. There are very few times in my life I’ve felt so small.” — Leisa Rayven
- ‘The air soft as that of Seville in April, and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.’ – Christopher Columbus
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Never go on trips with someone you do not love" - Ernest Hemingway
“How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?” — Charles de Gaulle
“Please understand, I have been waiting to leave ever since I figured out that there were roads willing to take me anywhere I wanted to go.” - Unknown
So, get up, make a plan and just GO!!! You always learn new things when you travel. And, if you become a true wandering Vagabond, you will stay in amazing cool places, you will meet some of the most interesting people and you will enjoy some of the greatest food on the planet, no matter where you decide to go.
Enjoy, Jouir, Godere, Disfrutar, Mwynhau
In any language, just travel and ENJOY the world - It's still big enough to see what you dream!